This past week, week 30, has been by far the hardest. I have been sick, tired, uncomfortable, fat, and the heart burn has kicked into high gear and Tums no longer is effective.
This week the pregnancy has felt way too much like when I had cancer. Not something I ever wanted to experience again. Insomnia, acid reflux, uncomfortable, leg cramps, achy, exhausted for no reason, smells and sights making me nauseous, hot flashes, irritable, pregnancy/chemo brain, always want to be in the bath just to get comfortable. I could keep going because the similarities are endless.
The only difference: I'm getting fatter and I still have my hair. WHY would I ever want to do this again and how do women have more than one child?!
Enough whining.
Now I'm 31 weeks and I wrote what's above a few days ago. This week has been MUCH better. The symptoms come and go. It's insane; every few days is something different. The heart burn is gone. I can finally sleep again without having to take a sleeping pill. Now my only complaint: MOODY! Poor Zach. Last week I didn't want to eat anything. Nothing sounded remotely good and I had to force myself to eat. This week I can't get enough food! I want everything! Especially the sweets. Right now I have a Wild Cherry Pepsi, Oreos, and gummy worms at my side.
I had a doctor appointment today. I go every 2 weeks now. I'm measuring at exactly 31 weeks and everything seems to be A-okay. While she was listening to the heartbeat, I guess the baby's heart rate dropped a little bit. I was wondering why she was listening for so long. And then she tells me that she wanted me to get hooked up at a heart rate monitor for 20 minutes straight to make sure the baby's heart rate doesn't drop. Well, I did that and everything was fine. We are guessing the baby did a flip or some crazy move and the heart beat dropped for a second. But the base heart rate is about 130, which is perfectly normal.
Oh, and I failed to mention that I was able to get health insurance. I have what is called OMIP. Oregon medical insurance pool. It's for people who are considered high-risk and can't get insurance. The premium is ridiculously expensive, but we are expecting it to be well worth it. I actually have a decent plan and it's way better than the one I had in CA. As soon as the baby comes I can drop that plan and get a much cheaper one.
I also forgot to blog about our trip back to CA! It was so much fun and I did not want to leave! My sisters threw me a PERFECT baby shower! It was so great. It was perfect weather so we had it outside. We went to Disneyland, ate at all our favorite food places that we don't have here, Carla put blonde back in my hair, the baby shower, a pedicure with Holly, and lots of family time. It was great. I missed being able to go outside without a jacket, and I only wore sandals all week long. We don't know when the next time we can go back to CA, and that makes me super sad. Summer better be worth it here, like everyone says or I will FREAK out!
Now, time for pictures!
This week the pregnancy has felt way too much like when I had cancer. Not something I ever wanted to experience again. Insomnia, acid reflux, uncomfortable, leg cramps, achy, exhausted for no reason, smells and sights making me nauseous, hot flashes, irritable, pregnancy/chemo brain, always want to be in the bath just to get comfortable. I could keep going because the similarities are endless.
The only difference: I'm getting fatter and I still have my hair. WHY would I ever want to do this again and how do women have more than one child?!
Enough whining.
Now I'm 31 weeks and I wrote what's above a few days ago. This week has been MUCH better. The symptoms come and go. It's insane; every few days is something different. The heart burn is gone. I can finally sleep again without having to take a sleeping pill. Now my only complaint: MOODY! Poor Zach. Last week I didn't want to eat anything. Nothing sounded remotely good and I had to force myself to eat. This week I can't get enough food! I want everything! Especially the sweets. Right now I have a Wild Cherry Pepsi, Oreos, and gummy worms at my side.
I had a doctor appointment today. I go every 2 weeks now. I'm measuring at exactly 31 weeks and everything seems to be A-okay. While she was listening to the heartbeat, I guess the baby's heart rate dropped a little bit. I was wondering why she was listening for so long. And then she tells me that she wanted me to get hooked up at a heart rate monitor for 20 minutes straight to make sure the baby's heart rate doesn't drop. Well, I did that and everything was fine. We are guessing the baby did a flip or some crazy move and the heart beat dropped for a second. But the base heart rate is about 130, which is perfectly normal.
Oh, and I failed to mention that I was able to get health insurance. I have what is called OMIP. Oregon medical insurance pool. It's for people who are considered high-risk and can't get insurance. The premium is ridiculously expensive, but we are expecting it to be well worth it. I actually have a decent plan and it's way better than the one I had in CA. As soon as the baby comes I can drop that plan and get a much cheaper one.
I also forgot to blog about our trip back to CA! It was so much fun and I did not want to leave! My sisters threw me a PERFECT baby shower! It was so great. It was perfect weather so we had it outside. We went to Disneyland, ate at all our favorite food places that we don't have here, Carla put blonde back in my hair, the baby shower, a pedicure with Holly, and lots of family time. It was great. I missed being able to go outside without a jacket, and I only wore sandals all week long. We don't know when the next time we can go back to CA, and that makes me super sad. Summer better be worth it here, like everyone says or I will FREAK out!
Now, time for pictures!
We took Grady to Disneyland while Holly supposedly worked on homework and waited at home for Julianne and her family to come into town.
The baby shower clothes line that Julianne is famous for! I love this idea, and I got some freaking CUTE clothes.
Shaunee was in charge of the food, and O.M.G. She is amazing and everything was delicious and looked divine!
Holly, Julianne, me, Shaunee. I loved the banner Shaunee made. I told you she is amazing. She is what Pinterest is made of. The banner says "Welcome Little Chickie"
28.5 weeks
Zach setting up the crib while I....
sat here and watched.
Hooked up to the contraction and heart rate monitor. Like the nasty line down my stomach? Pregnancy does wonders/disgusting things to the body.






3 Comments:
Finally an update! Geez lady.... I've missed hearing from you. I'm sad I couldn't come to the baby shower, but glad you had a good time. You are a super cute pregnant lady! And I love your crib bedding... way cute! Can't wait to meet this little baby of yours!
Yes, that nice belly line never went away for me :(. Crazy your little girl will be here before you know it! Hang in there these last few months, pregnancy sucks. I seriously hate being pregnant. I think that God makes you forget about it all though so that you'll have more. I didn't think that was possible since my first pregnancy was TERRIBLE, but somehow I still wanted to go through it again...and even though my second was pretty uneventful I still hated it. Good thing the kids make it worth it.
Yea for an update! Wendy and I want to have a skype date with you very soon! Glad this week is better than your miserable last one. The crib and bedding are super cute! Love you, Mare!
Post a Comment
<< Home