Here's what has been going on lately...
On February 11th, Zach and I celebrated our one year wedding anniversary. Never thought I'd be pregnant for my one year anniversary. Oh well. We made a weekend trip to Astoria, OR. You know, where Goonies and a few other movies were filmed. We stopped in Cannon Beach on our way there so we could see the famous Haystack Rock. I wasn't the biggest fan. Maybe because we didn't get out of the car to actually walk on the beach, but rather stayed in the nice warm car. Our hotel was AWESOME! It was right on the river and had a jacuzzi hot tub AND a fireplace! It was heaven. I love a good bath. Not to mention a ginormous one that has jets. Then we went to the famous Astoria Column. We hiked up a spiral staircase of 164 steps. (I sure felt that for a while!) We had an amazing view. All in all, good weekend.
My Grandma passed away the day we found out we are going to have a baby girl. What a bitter-sweet day that turned out to be. I am so glad she is finally with her husband in heaven though. She has wanted to die ever since he did. I am so grateful she was able to come out to CA and stay at my mom's house for a couple weeks in December. It was when she went back to Idaho things went downhill fast. I'm glad I got to see her and have good last memories of her. I miss her and her witty sarcasm, but I know she is thrilled to be where she is.

Oh, and CA in 13, almost 12 days! I'm so excited. I can't wait to see my family, friends, have in-n-out, Disneyland, be BLONDE again, the warm sunny weather, and have a baby shower. CAN'T WAIT!!
One more thing, I swear. I checked our online banking a few days ago and realized a fraudulent charge. Long story short, someone got Zach's debit card number, and charged $134.99 on Overstock.com. Wonderful. It got posted to our account, and haven't gotten the money refunded yet. Stupid Overstock. Zach called on Monday, they said it wouldn't go through because that account has been flagged for using a lot of different cards. But no, it posted to our account and withdrew the money. He called again today to see what was happening, why it posted when they said it wouldn't. They said they'd refund the money once UPS confirmed that someone signed for the package. Umm, WHAT? Oh, the guy lives in Huntington Beach. We have a street address, but not the actual place. I'd LOOOOOVE to go there and pay the stupid SOB a visit. We won't be refunded the money until Friday or Monday. Are you joking me. It would REALLY suck if we didn't have the money to just let this happen and be out $135. I wrote a ton of outstanding checks and was worried that they'd bounce because of this a-hole. I love paying for someone else's jerk moves, literally. I hate people like that. Oh, and what did he buy? A PRESSURE COOKER!!!
We ventured out to Multnomah Falls one sunny Saturday afternoon. Pretty cool. I wish it would have been warmer so we could hike up to the top, but it was so so so cold.
February 17th. HUGE shock. I had an ultrasound and found out we are having a GIRL! A girl?!?! All of the family is pretty excited to have a girl join. She will be my parents 3rd granddaughter, and Zach's parents first. My parents are especially happy. Out of the 13 grandchildren, 11 are BOYS! During the ultrasound the lady said, "do you want to know the sex of the baby?" "Yes." "It's a girl." "No way. No way. Seriously? No way." The lady was laughing at me. She thought my response was pretty funny. She said, "That was so funny. All you could say was 'no way.' I'm not sure if it was directed to me, your husband, or the world in general." Umm, it was directed to all three of those things. I guess I shouldn't be surprised it's a girl. After all, nothing has happened like I thought it would. I thought it would be a very difficult process to get pregnant, what with the chemo and my oncologist telling me there was a chance I wouldn't be able to have kids. I didn't want to get pregnant so soon. I wanted to be out of school. I wanted to be married for at LEAST a year. I could go on and on. But no, it only took ONE time, folks. Like I said, I shouldn't be shocked. It's been one shock after another ever since I found out I was pregnant.
My Grandma passed away the day we found out we are going to have a baby girl. What a bitter-sweet day that turned out to be. I am so glad she is finally with her husband in heaven though. She has wanted to die ever since he did. I am so grateful she was able to come out to CA and stay at my mom's house for a couple weeks in December. It was when she went back to Idaho things went downhill fast. I'm glad I got to see her and have good last memories of her. I miss her and her witty sarcasm, but I know she is thrilled to be where she is.I decided to make a rag quilt for my little girl. I've never done any sewing on my own before, so I thought this would be quite the task. Mandy and Wendy came to visit us and it worked out perfectly that they came when they did. I asked Wendy to show me a few basics and to have them help me pick out the fabrics. She showed me how to use my machine, thread the needle, do the bobbin, etc. I was obsessed for a while. Then I realized I'd be done sooner than I thought. So I had to limit myself. I made myself practice for as long as I sewed. So needless to say, I took my time getting it together. But now it is all done. Well, except for the cutting part to make it a "rag," and then I need to wash it, THEN it's done. I think I'll take my sweet time cutting it. It hurts my hand after a while, and there's really no rush. Baby Girl isn't coming until July (hopefully.)
| This picture is sideways. |
| The back side of the quilt. |
And the last picture: 22.5 weeks along. I'm 23 weeks now.
Oh, and CA in 13, almost 12 days! I'm so excited. I can't wait to see my family, friends, have in-n-out, Disneyland, be BLONDE again, the warm sunny weather, and have a baby shower. CAN'T WAIT!!
One more thing, I swear. I checked our online banking a few days ago and realized a fraudulent charge. Long story short, someone got Zach's debit card number, and charged $134.99 on Overstock.com. Wonderful. It got posted to our account, and haven't gotten the money refunded yet. Stupid Overstock. Zach called on Monday, they said it wouldn't go through because that account has been flagged for using a lot of different cards. But no, it posted to our account and withdrew the money. He called again today to see what was happening, why it posted when they said it wouldn't. They said they'd refund the money once UPS confirmed that someone signed for the package. Umm, WHAT? Oh, the guy lives in Huntington Beach. We have a street address, but not the actual place. I'd LOOOOOVE to go there and pay the stupid SOB a visit. We won't be refunded the money until Friday or Monday. Are you joking me. It would REALLY suck if we didn't have the money to just let this happen and be out $135. I wrote a ton of outstanding checks and was worried that they'd bounce because of this a-hole. I love paying for someone else's jerk moves, literally. I hate people like that. Oh, and what did he buy? A PRESSURE COOKER!!!






5 Comments:
Cute blog, Mary! Love your cute lil' baby bump! I can't believe you can't be covered on insurance...This isn't a preexisting condition if you had insurance, I would've thought. But it sounds like things are going well for you and Zach!
You look so cute with your little baby bump! Can't wait to meet your soon to be little one! Wish I was coming to CA for the baby shower. Miss you!
Ditto the baby bump comments! And CONGRATS on having a little girl!! Sorry about the credit card issue, that's super lame. I hate things like that, even if it all works out it's a bummer to have to go through the hassle and stress when it's not your fault!
I love your blanket. So cute!!! All that sewing is so tedious! So many good picture. I miss you, hopefully we get to see each other soon!!
Great post, Mare! The quilt looks awesome, nicely done!! Can't wait to see you NEXT WEEK!!
Post a Comment
<< Home