<&BlogMetaData&>

January 3, 2012

New Beginnings

2012 is going to be BUSY, especially when school starts (20 days) and when the baby comes in the beginning of July.

We moved to Portland, Oregon.  We've been here for 5 days now.  I am LOVING being on our own and our own space.  Portland is definitely a change from sunny SoCal, that's for sure.  Everything is new and I'm hoping to get familiar with the area soon.  I hate not knowing how to get somewhere without my maps on my phone.  The streets are all funky to me.  There's tons of highways that are streets.  For instance, Beach is also highway 39, but nobody calls it 39.  There are SO many highways like that here.  And I haven't figured out if people call them by the street name, or by the highway number.  It's all sorts of confusing to me.  But like I said, hopefully that will change soon.

We moved here so I can get out of school quicker.  I realized that it would have taken me a lot longer if we were to stay in CA.  Each state has different requirements to be a court reporter, and CA is one of the hardest.  I don't have all the time in the world to get out of school, what with this baby coming and all.  Although, we decided to move before I got pregnant.  I just knew I wanted and had to get out of school FAST.  Now I know why I felt like that.  Here I just have to graduate and that's it.  I can start working as soon as I graduate.  In CA I would have had to wait for the State CSR test to come around, which only comes around 3 times a year, wait a month to see if I even passed, and THEN try to find a job.  It's a very long time to sit around and wait, especially when you're still paying for school to WAIT.  I'm hoping to be done with school very very soon!

Since I am pregnant, this blog is going to evolve into a pregnancy/baby blog, I'm sure.  I've been meaning to write down what I've been going through being pregnant, but haven't gotten around to it yet.  I feel like I'm still really early in the pregnancy, but that is going to change really fast.  So soon I'll start posting pictures and whatnot, just stay tuned.

I have a lot more to catch up on, but I really should get back to practicing.  I deferred school in late September and I know when I start school here it's going to kick.my.butt!

3 Comments:

Blogger Britney said...

Can't wait to hear all about the pregnancy/baby and can't wait to see pics! Soooo excited for you MEP!

6:47 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Miss you already! But I'm super excited for you guys. You'll learn the ropes soon. See you next month!!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Congratulations, I didn't know you were expecting! That's so so exciting, and I look forward to hearing all about him/her!!

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home