We all know I'm terrible at blogging. I can say that I'll try to do better, but we all know I won't. Here's what I should have been blogging about, but haven't gotten around to it. (Note: I started this post September 14th! Yeah, I suck.)
Grady turned 3!! I can't believe how huge he is and how much he is talking. I love that kid so much. AND he's tall enough to go on almost all the rides at Disneyland now! Are you kidding me?! When did THAT happen? He LOVES pumpkins and Star Tours. Splash Mountain was really funny. He sat in the very front and didn't even scream. I love his little face in the picture though. We also took him on Thunder Mountain, which is my favorite ride, and he kept his arms up almost the entire time. I can't wait for Holly to give us the green light to take him on Tower of Terror. He loves Disneyland. I love Disneyland. Zach likes Disneyland. We love taking him. It's perfect.
Zach and I just got back from a quick weekend trip to AZ. We had a super fun short weekend full of family, the lake, food, and games. They have a 4-person tube, which was bound to be a blast. It was fairly windy on Saturday, so we caught some really nice air. This is a picture of one of the waves we hit, but before our near-death experience. Let me tell you about that one. Like I said, the wake/waves were pretty big, and there were quite a few boats on the lake. A huge boat went by and we hit their wake and caught HUGE air. No picture was taken because everyone went flying, including the people in the boat. It was my understanding that Julianne had her finger on the button when she went over the wake and she kinda left her seat and was unable to capture it. But apparently it was the most air that they've ever seen. I swear I blacked out or something because I don't even know how it happened. All I remember is going in the air and then landing in the water. Everyone flew off the tube except for Chase, who was in the middle. That tube was so much fun! After tubing it was time for wakeboarding. I was the first one up, and I was able to go twice when the worst thing happened....the boat BROKE. The steering went out as they were turning to come get me. Everyone was pretty bummed. We tried everything we could think of to get it to work again, but nothing worked. We fortunately found someone, more like they found us, and towed us back to the dock. In the picture below you can't see Chase. He was behind all of us kneeling on the tube. It was so much fun and I wish we could have stayed out there longer.
That's all I can think of for now. I'll have to go through my pictures and do a photo-dump post sometime.
Zach got a job! YAY!! He got a job with a translation company as their account administrator. He LOVES it. He works from home and it couldn't be more perfect for him. I love that he loves his job.
I got a job! I am an office assistant (fancy name for receptionist) at a consulting firm. I'm going to school and working less than part-time. It's really not all that bad, it's just not what I want to do forever.
We went on family vacation to Lake Mead back in August. We got to go boating for 2 days in a row, and we definitely got sunburned. As you can tell in one of the pictures below, Zach and I went on the tube together...and Zach got a little bored...so he decided to try a few tricks. What isn't pictured is when Zach SAT on my HEAD. More than once. He did that while trying to sit in front of me. It was quite entertaining, I think I'll keep him. And no, we never bailed on the tube. On our last day there we visited the Hoover Dam. Not all that exciting. Especially when it was 110 outside.
Zach and I just got back from a quick weekend trip to AZ. We had a super fun short weekend full of family, the lake, food, and games. They have a 4-person tube, which was bound to be a blast. It was fairly windy on Saturday, so we caught some really nice air. This is a picture of one of the waves we hit, but before our near-death experience. Let me tell you about that one. Like I said, the wake/waves were pretty big, and there were quite a few boats on the lake. A huge boat went by and we hit their wake and caught HUGE air. No picture was taken because everyone went flying, including the people in the boat. It was my understanding that Julianne had her finger on the button when she went over the wake and she kinda left her seat and was unable to capture it. But apparently it was the most air that they've ever seen. I swear I blacked out or something because I don't even know how it happened. All I remember is going in the air and then landing in the water. Everyone flew off the tube except for Chase, who was in the middle. That tube was so much fun! After tubing it was time for wakeboarding. I was the first one up, and I was able to go twice when the worst thing happened....the boat BROKE. The steering went out as they were turning to come get me. Everyone was pretty bummed. We tried everything we could think of to get it to work again, but nothing worked. We fortunately found someone, more like they found us, and towed us back to the dock. In the picture below you can't see Chase. He was behind all of us kneeling on the tube. It was so much fun and I wish we could have stayed out there longer.






3 Comments:
That is an awesome picture on the tube!! Thanks for blogging, Mare.
Looks like you had fun! You need to start blogging more lady!
I love Grady's expression on Splash Mountain. I think Miles would look the same way.
:)
Post a Comment
<< Home