Book Reviews
Lately I've been really into reading. I read The Help, and I love, love, loved it! The first few pages were a little hard to get into, but once I got past that, I couldn't stop. I had no idea it was going to be a movie soon; that explains why there was a wait for it at the library.
The last book I read was The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. Yes, it's a book for teenagers...maybe that's why I read it within a day. I have love/hate feelings for this book. I loved that the story was told from a naive 9 year-old boy, but absolutely hated the ending. Anyone else with me on this one? I don't think I'll see the movie.
The book I'm reading right now is The Kite Runner. So far, I'm really liking it.
The next book I have on my list to read is One Day and also The Snow Flower and the Secret Fan (or something like that). I'd love to hear book suggestions while I'm still on a reading streak!
The last book I read was The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. Yes, it's a book for teenagers...maybe that's why I read it within a day. I have love/hate feelings for this book. I loved that the story was told from a naive 9 year-old boy, but absolutely hated the ending. Anyone else with me on this one? I don't think I'll see the movie.
The book I'm reading right now is The Kite Runner. So far, I'm really liking it.
The next book I have on my list to read is One Day and also The Snow Flower and the Secret Fan (or something like that). I'd love to hear book suggestions while I'm still on a reading streak!






3 Comments:
I loved The Help too, great book. I also liked the Kite Runner. My recommendations:
-Unbroken (one of the best books I've ever read)
-The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (good fun read)
-The Book Thief (totally different style of writing, so get through the first few chapters to get used to it...then I thought it was fantastic)
I've been in a reading slump lately, but really want to find a good book to jump start me--maybe I'll try one of those ones on your to-read list.
- THE ART OF RACING IN THE RAIN is a good read.
- AGENT BISHOP is the memoir of a Mormon bishop who was also an FBI agent. It was very interesting
Snow Flower was amaaaazing!
Post a Comment
<< Home