<&BlogMetaData&>

May 25, 2011

Let me explain why I've been thinking about cancer a lot lately. A while ago I started to get a little sick. A cough kind of sick. I would feel like my throat was closing or it was strained in some way, so I felt the need to cough. all. the. time. And once I started coughing, there was no end. It was the worst at night. I've also been super tired all the time. I'll go to school in the morning and be exhausted by the time I get home and need a long nap. I only go to school for 3-4 hours a day! And it wouldn't matter how long I slept the night before, either.

I saw my Oncologist and told him the things that had been going on. He informed me that if you've had radiation, your thyroid will give out eventually. It doesn't happen right away, but after a few years, it will happen. So along with the other blood tests he was going to order the thyroid test as well. After telling him the things that I've been experiencing, he wanted to do another CT scan instead of waiting 6 more months. I'm scheduled for the CT this Friday. Fingers crossed that I'm still in the clear!

The results of the blood test: everything came back FINE. Which I am very happy about, but it still doesn't explain why I'm always tired.

I have to be optimistic about everything, but of course there's always that "what if..." So ever since I started to get sick and haven't been feeling normal, I've been thinking about the "what if." I do NOT want to experience that again. Anyway, enough venting. I'll post results when I get them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ellsworth Party of Four said...

Although I am sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well and there is a "what if" in your life right now...I am happy to see you back in the blog world.
I have thought of you often since you got married and have been excited to see how wonderful your life is now! I tell ya...the perfect guy sure makes all the difference!
Please keep us posted on results and whatnot...you are in our prayers.

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home