101
It's been 101 days since I got married. Time flies!! I suppose it's time for a new blog update. Since I don't really know where to start, I'll just post some of the things that have been going on.
- I got married to my bestest friend in the whole world in the Newport Beach, CA temple. It was the best day. Even though it was February, the weather was 75 degrees and sunny. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. Everything went smoothly. My cousin, Heidi, took my wedding pictures and I absolutely love them. She is so talented and I am super glad she came all the way from Idaho to do them. (heididavenportphotography.com) My brother and Amber got us a hotel room as a wedding present for our wedding night. Where was it you ask? Oh, just the Hyatt in Huntington Beach. You know, the one right across the street from the beach. Be jealous; it was fantastic! We took our second location wedding photos there. When we went to check in, they upgraded our room to a beach-front suite because it was our wedding night. Obviously we checked in wearing our wedding clothes, which I highly suggest doing. You can go to Heidi's website to see pictures, but here is just a couple:


- The very next day we were on our way to Mexico via Norwegian Cruise line. We got a balcony room, which again, I highly suggest that over the inside or ocean view room. It was a 7-day cruise which went to Cabo, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta. Our favorite was Puerto Vallarta. We did the Extreme Canopy Tour. Again, highly suggest. It consisted of a boat ride, an Indiana Jones-type truck that took us up a mountain, riding mules the rest of the way up, then zip lines, rappelling, and a little hiking. It was totally worth the money, and I would love love love to go back to do it again! Cabo was okay. We took a boat taxi over to Lover's Beach where we were going to do some Snorkeling. The water was freezing, and Zach saw a jellyfish really close to us, so we decided to get out. I couldn't care less for Mazatlan. I didn't like it at all, but of course Zach liked it because it reminded him of tracting in Uruguay. The last 2 days on the boat were a little rough. We were swaying constantly because of the big waves. When we got home and were able to walk on land again, we were still swaying all over the place. Pretty sure we did that for a few days. It was terrible. We felt sea sick even though we weren't moving anymore. But all in all, it was a great honeymoon. We miss not being able to eat 3-course meals anytime we feel like it for free.
- My week-long break was over and I headed back to school and Zach is searching for a job. Why does the job market still suck?!?
- My Grandad died almost a month ago. My dad and Holly were taking care of him since he was blind. It's sad that he is gone, but I know it is a huge relief for my dad. He had been taking care of him for 5 years. But on the bright side, we were able to have a family reunion, kinda. The memorial service was a few weeks ago and my brothers family and a lot of cousins were there. Some of which I hadn't seen in YEARS. It was so nice to catch up with all of them.
- Since we are new to this ward, we got callings pretty fast. Zach is a Sunday School teacher for the 15-16 year olds. I was teaching with him until I got a new calling...which is Primary 1st counselor. At first I was a little skeptical and wasn't quite sure why I got that calling, but now, I have to admit, I'm starting to love it.
- Janessa had her baby back in March and Jeanette is getting married next month! I'm realllllly hoping that we can go to Jeanette's wedding and head up to Northern CA to see Sadie really soon!
- I've been searching for a hobby lately, so Zach decided to teach me piano. I really want to learn, but I can't be super dedicated to it just yet. I have to get through school first! I have practiced for hours on end a few times. I wish I could do that with steno...
- Zach's cousin's wife (did you follow that?) was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma a few months ago. Of course my heart just aches for people who have cancer, and for their families. And when I hear of someone I know who has to go through that, I reflect on my own experience with it. Not gonna lie, I don't like it, but I have this thing where I want to help people by sharing my stories with them. That way they have an idea of what they can expect. I never talked to anyone, so I had no idea. I hate cancer. Ugh. I've met Sumer once and we've talked a few times, and I know she is a fighter and she will be just fine. It just sucks right now.
- I've been thinking a lot about dying, cancer, and babies. I don't like it so much, but I can't help it. I don't want to die. I don't want cancer again. And don't get me started on babies...
Well, that's all for now. I will try to blog more often!






3 Comments:
Ahh, I made your blog. ;) A little bird said you guys will be coming out? Is this true?
Learning to play piano? Awesome! I like this blog post a lot. And it makes me laugh to think about you riding a mule. You should blog about the chili cook-off...how'd it go?
You're alive! I just came to your blog to post a comment on your Feb. 7th post to say something along the lines of just because you're married now doesn't mean you should abandon your blog! :) Glad the wedding went so well, and what a fun honeymoon! I hope your results from tomorrow's CT come back good, you're in our prayers!
Post a Comment
<< Home