yet another day at the doctors office.
Today I had an appointment at Dr. Ngyuen's (AKA: Son of a Mihn) office because I had a CT scan last Friday. This is all becoming too routine by now.
Good news, the "tumor" which is just scar tissue, is continuing to shrink. It shrunk about 2-3mm on each side. And yes, even though I refused to drink that barium crap, they could still see it just FINE. And yes, I will continue to refuse it from here on out...so don't tell me to do it (Holly and Kelly)!
Bad news, he asked if I see a regular physician (he asked because he sends a letter updating the doctor about the results from the scans), and I said yes, blah blah blah...he asked if I had seen him recently. I said yes, a few weeks ago because of that pain I was having in my left arm which spread to my left leg and foot. I described it to him more, and he ordered an ultrasound of my left arm. He wants to look for a blood clot. He said he just wanted to make sure "we have to cross our t's and dot our i's with you." I know nothing will come from this ultrasound, but I have to get it done anyway. That appointment is tomorrow.
Before I saw Son of a Mihn, I had to get my blood drawn. I dread this part of the visit. I had a different girl this time. She stuck the needle in and got NO blood. For the record, I drank a lot of water and I told her not to go there because it was the same spot they stuck me on Friday to do the CT. So she continued to pull it out a little bit and fish around about 3 different times. Let me tell you, that hurts so BAD. She ended up having to get the regular girl who has always drawn my blood and what not. She put the needle in a different spot and got blood to come out. Needless to say, I'm not a fan of the "new" girl. (She isn't really that new, but she is new to me.) The results from the blood draw were all good. The levels are completely normal.
Good news, the "tumor" which is just scar tissue, is continuing to shrink. It shrunk about 2-3mm on each side. And yes, even though I refused to drink that barium crap, they could still see it just FINE. And yes, I will continue to refuse it from here on out...so don't tell me to do it (Holly and Kelly)!
Bad news, he asked if I see a regular physician (he asked because he sends a letter updating the doctor about the results from the scans), and I said yes, blah blah blah...he asked if I had seen him recently. I said yes, a few weeks ago because of that pain I was having in my left arm which spread to my left leg and foot. I described it to him more, and he ordered an ultrasound of my left arm. He wants to look for a blood clot. He said he just wanted to make sure "we have to cross our t's and dot our i's with you." I know nothing will come from this ultrasound, but I have to get it done anyway. That appointment is tomorrow.
Before I saw Son of a Mihn, I had to get my blood drawn. I dread this part of the visit. I had a different girl this time. She stuck the needle in and got NO blood. For the record, I drank a lot of water and I told her not to go there because it was the same spot they stuck me on Friday to do the CT. So she continued to pull it out a little bit and fish around about 3 different times. Let me tell you, that hurts so BAD. She ended up having to get the regular girl who has always drawn my blood and what not. She put the needle in a different spot and got blood to come out. Needless to say, I'm not a fan of the "new" girl. (She isn't really that new, but she is new to me.) The results from the blood draw were all good. The levels are completely normal.






2 Comments:
Yay for good news! Glad the "tumor" is still shrinking... Anyways, you need to call me when you get some time. We need to catch up!
Oh my gosh. I read that 2nd paragraph, and I started freaking out. I was like, is the tumor back? WTF????? But phew, it's not. Yay still shrinking!
Post a Comment
<< Home