<&BlogMetaData&>

May 17, 2009

NYC, baby!

So I am in NYC right now. It is almost 12:30 AM, and I am just waiting for Jeanette to get out of the shower...and apparently I am blogging. I have having so much fun!! I got in really late on Friday, and Jeanette and Jordan (her boyfriend) came to pick me up at JFK airport in a Zip Car. Its basically what the city-folk rent when they need a car and don't want to pay for a taxi, or take the subway. Of course Jeanette and I talked all night long, typical. Then on Saturday we ate brunch, went to SOHO, Chinatown, Little Italy, Canal Street (which is exactly like the alley in LA), then off to Times Square for some delicious pizza, and then of course stopping somewhere else to eat dessert. In SOHO I bought this really cute necklace, and contemplated getting this purse-type thing. It was hand sewn (so they say...) and it looked like a quilt. Hard to explain. But different patterns in the shape of squares sewn together and then to put it on it would go over your shoulder, but across your chest and hang on the opposite side of your shoulder the strap was on. Does that make sense? Anyway, it was really cute and had a lot of different ones to choose from. I didn't end up buying one because I didn't know if I would really use it or not. I felt like a hippy with it on. Little Italy was awesome, loved it.

Today, Sunday, Jeanette and I went to Central Park and walked around and took a lot of pictures. Last time I was in NY, we only walked through central park at night so I didn't get to see very much. But this time we walked around for hours. After central park we took the Staten Island ferry and back, and now we are home. Full day of walking around...and my feet hurt (DWTS really did me under. I shouldn't have worn heels to that because I have huge blisters on my feet from it.)

Tomorrow Jeanette is going to work, and I haven't decided what I will do yet. Statue of Liberty? Shopping? Museums? I just don't know yet. Did I mention that she lives in Harlem (pronounced 'Hall-um' if you want to fit in with this crowd.)? Not as scary as you would think. At least I haven't been scared yet.

More updates and pictures to come later. It's time for a shower and bed!

3 Comments:

Blogger Shauna said...

I'm very jealous of your NYC adventure !!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Jules AF said...

Was the pizza Sbarro? The great NYC pizza place???
(If you don't watch The Office, please disregard this statement.)

1:28 PM  
Blogger Rebekah's Mom said...

Hey, Snowflake. Update your damn blog:)

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home