<&BlogMetaData&>

May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day. Let me tell you why my mom is the best mom there is, and why all 6 of her kids should feel the way I do (not saying that they don't...)

When I had this thing called cancer my mom took care of me every.single.day. and in every.single.way. She literally woke me up every day and FORCED me to eat something and take my pills. She made me any food that I wanted to eat. She did my laundry. She took me to every doctor appointment I had. She came to the hospital and stayed all day long, even when I slept all day. She put up with me during my "roid rages". She literally managed every aspect of my life for about 5 months. When I would cry because I was in so much pain and couldn't take it anymore, she would rub my back until the medicine kicked in. When I wanted to sleep in the bathroom (because it made me feel better in some really weird way), she made a bed for me on the bathroom floor. When I had the most painful pain I have yet to experience, white blood cells producing in the largest bones in my body, I would lay in her bed because it made me feel better. Same with when I had the acid reflux because of the steriods. Apparently her bed and my bathroom floor were better than my hosptial bed. And most of all, when I didn't want to do anything anymore (ie: go to chemo, go the day after chemo to get shots, get blood drawn, do body scans, get tatoos for radiation, go to radiation every single day, etc.) I would look at her and tell her I wanted to quit and not do it anymore. She would look at me and say "I know. It sucks. But you're almost done." and I could see the pain in her eyes and I know that she would change places with me if she could. Because that's the type of mom she is.

She would give up everything she was doing to help any one of us out if we asked her to. She'd hop on a plane or get in her car and drive for hours when anybody needed her. She lives to take care of her kids and her grandchildren. So Mom, thank you for everything you do for all of us.
We really do love you and are grateful that you are our mom!

In other news...
-I am going to DWTS (dancing with the stars) taping on Tuesday. I'll be going with my mom, Carla, and Cynthia.
-I leave for NYC on Friday, and could not be any more excited.
-My hair is still curly and I am still hating it. I will soon be buying a mini straightener, we'll see if that helps any or if it will look uglier.
-My goal speed at school is now 160wpm.
-I don't have to take the Anatomy final because I am one of the top 3 students in the class (probably #2, but not really sure); therefore, I don't have to take it.
-I got a calling at church.

That's all I can think about right now. I will be posting pictures and what not when I get home from my much needed vacation! If there is anything you can think of that I HAVE to do or see while I am in NYC, let me know!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Shauna said...

I LOVE YOU MARY :)
Thank you for everything you do for me . . . .
I'm very glad that I am your Mom !!!
xoxoxoxo

4:13 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

You DO have the best mom! I'm so glad you had her there with you through it all. What's your calling?

9:06 PM  
Blogger Julianne said...

Nice post MEP- Mom is the BEST!!

Yes, I got my b-day present- thank you! I thought I sent you a message on facebook but I probably thought to do it an never did! I am burning the candle right now actually. Thanks again!

Have fun in NY!! Hey, I have been looking for this one purse for cheap ($40) if you are shopping call me and I will tell you what it looks like, maybe you could get it for me.

So, what is your new calling???

MISS YOU!!

11:05 PM  
Blogger Tyler said...

That was one heck of a post! I think aunt Shauna's pretty much awesome as well.

Good job at school, you are a speed demon!

8:58 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

wow, that made me teary!!

12:12 AM  
Blogger Jules AF said...

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH CURLY HAIR!

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home