I already hate this post.
Today was the first time I ever went out in public with out any bandanna or wig or a hoodie. It is kind of a big deal. At least to me. I know that Julie can attest to that because I was up late talking to her about my whole insecurity about it. I look like such a boy and for some STUPID reason I care(d) what people think. I know I should not give a flying crap about what anyone thinks. Easier said than done. But I did it anyway, and I'm getting over it. If someone wants to talk crap about me behind my back for some reason, then whatever. I hope they feel really crappy about themselves when they find out the I had cancer and THAT'S why I have my hair the way I do. I conquered my fear and just did it. Why now? Because I got sick of wearing something all the time. Its amazing how much cooler it is without it, especially during a hot flash. And yes, I still get those on a daily basis. When it happens I want to shoot my eye out. But then I'd look like a boy (with boobs) and only one eye. So I guess I could look a lot worse.
People ask me all the time what the worst part about chemo was. Back then, when I just finished those treatments, I would reply nausea or the bad taste that lasted at least a week...but now, its the hair loss. It lasts a hell of a lot longer than any side effect did.
Without further ado, here is my new (and much hated) look. And by the way, I don't want comments that say "Mary, you don't look like a boy! blah blah blah. Don't care what other people think....blah blah blah" Try to think what you would feel/do in my situation. I hate to say it, but you would probably care too. At least at first. Oh, I especially don't want to hear how I look like Jimmy. If you say that, I just might come and shoot you.

People ask me all the time what the worst part about chemo was. Back then, when I just finished those treatments, I would reply nausea or the bad taste that lasted at least a week...but now, its the hair loss. It lasts a hell of a lot longer than any side effect did.
Without further ado, here is my new (and much hated) look. And by the way, I don't want comments that say "Mary, you don't look like a boy! blah blah blah. Don't care what other people think....blah blah blah" Try to think what you would feel/do in my situation. I hate to say it, but you would probably care too. At least at first. Oh, I especially don't want to hear how I look like Jimmy. If you say that, I just might come and shoot you.







14 Comments:
Looking gorgeous! Really, it could be a lot worse....you could have a hundred double chins like me and have that short hair do that doesnt hide a single one but you are lucky to have a pretty face that goes well with any hair style!
You are one sexy biotch! Love ya MEP!
YOU ARE SO CUTE! Seriously. You wouldn't necessarily pick that haircut, but WORK IT while you have it! You can have a pixie cut! yeeesss.... And I wrote my solution on your facebook.
Just walk around topless. Yeeesss.
And of course you care what people think. Everyone does (some more than others....) But eff em.
I agree with Julianne. Oh, and Jimmy would love to have that much hair and with no gray:)
Did Shaunee just say she agrees that I have one hundred double chins!!???!! It is ok because I could care less what people think! :)
I wish you checked my blog more often and you didn't hate me....
You have a gorgeous smile and a glow about you regardless of how much hair you have.
Trust that youre beautiful
Mama Kelly
2witches.com
...Sex kitten?
I didn't say I agreed with Julianne's comment about chins! She's preggo and I still have way more chins and FAT than she does. Give me a break! Oh, you have better eye brows than Jimmy, too. I think you look like me when I was young and skinny. sorry.
I think you're beautiful, Mep. And you're WAY cuter than Jimmy.
No contest.
Shoot! Jimmy WISHES he had bodatious ta-tas like yourself!!!! :-) And I know I maybe risking getting you busting out your 9 and busting a cap in my A$$, but I think that you do, in fact, look beautiful!
But if you are interested in hair-growth techniques, I swear by prenatal vitamins. I took them while I was trying to get preggo and my hair and nails grew out like weeds. And no, they aren't like adverse birth control. It won't make it EASIER for you to get pregnant. (Would you believe it if I told ya that someone's asked me that before?!? I wouldn't either, but sure enough...)
In the mean time, I'm happy to see you owning how haute/hot you are!
I like it!!! You look tough. This is comong from a girl who had red white and blue striped hair in high school...I was so all about "America". :)
I would meet up with you at a Fugazi concert anyday in my steel-toed knee hee white Dr. Martins...which by the way I got married in the first time...and I wonder why that didn't last?? HEHEHE!
Hair or no-hair...that is a BEATIFUL smile...and BEAUTIFUL set of teeth!
Kami
knee HIGH!
you look better without the wig. WAY better. you like you. like it or not. i hope you are still going wigless. miss you. sad tyson took me away from you.
Post a Comment
<< Home