<&BlogMetaData&>

November 12, 2008

I'm grateful for this little guy:

His name is Grady. And he is my nephew. My adoptive nephew, not like that makes a difference to me but it matters for this post. My sister, Holly, and her husband, Brad, tried to have a baby for 5 years. After many tests, they decided to turn to adoption. They went through LDS family services. Shortly after they were chosen by Rachel. I am so grateful for her. Words cannot express what her completely selfless act has done for them and the rest of my family. I cannot tell you how many prayers were sent up in behalf of her and Grady. If Rachel happens to read this--thank you very much for this precious baby. I know that a lousy blog 'thank you' does not even cut it. We all love him very much. And we love you very much!!

Everything happens for a reason, I firmly believe that. We received the news that Grady was going to become part of my family shortly before I was diagnosed with cancer. I still remember where I was. I was in the hospital about to in for my biopsy. The very next day I was diagnosed with cancer and was going to start chemotherapy. This may sound really cheesy to you, but he is something that I've had to look forward to during all of this. He was my good news at a time when it seemed like I would never get good news again. I love all my nephews/nieces the same...but this kid has a special place in my heart just because I have witnessed first hand what Holly and Brad went through (I lived with them for close to 2 years), and how he has helped me get through this cancer.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dana♥Thomas said...

Mary I love your positivity! I think I might steal your idea (or your idea that you stole from your sister) and use it on my blog! Your little nephew is so adorable and adoption is such a great thing! (I have five adopted cousins and they are the best!) Anyway, I want you to know how much I love reading your blog and catching up with what's going on in your life! You are awesome!

7:37 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

What a cutie, and what a great post! I love his little outfit too, I actually just bought that same outfit a few weeks ago for our future little man :)

2:14 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Wow, that one made me teary..grady loves you too..he told me so.

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home