I skipped yesterday because I didn't watch TV, or go on the internet for more than 5 min. What was I doing all day? I was at the mall with Janessa and we played Wii Fit. That wasn't the purpose of going to the mall, it was just a bonus. Anyway, we had so much fun. I went home and tracked down where I could find one. I told my mom about it and she said she wanted to get it for Christmas. So we went and bought it. Merry Christmas to us!! Janessa and Tim came over and we played for HOURS!!! I'm not even going to tell you how long...okay, I will. Over 4 hours...we are losers. So yesterday I was grateful for our early Christmas present, Wii.
TODAY I am grateful for my 4 sisters. Shaunee, Holly, Julianne, and Kelly. When I was diagnosed with cancer they were all concerned (as they should be!). They each have supported me in different ways.
Shaunee was physically there for me when I first got the ' you have a tumor and it might be cancer' news. She was there to hold me as I bawled my eyes out. This picture was before our Triathlon started. (Which I would like to remind you, I did this triathlon when I was sick...sick with a tumor in my chest. Thank you very much, I am awesome, and stronger than you think.)
Holly called/s me frequently to add humor and make me laugh. She also answers my stupid medical questions.
Julianne was the "ring leader". She sent out the emails that asked everyone to fast for me, and to spread the news so I wouldn't have to. I believe it was her idea to have someone with me for each chemo. Oh, she also shaved my head when my hair started falling out in clumps.
Kelly was the first one on the plane when it was confirmed that it was in fact cancer. I mean we got the news and she got on the plane THAT NIGHT. She spent a few days (4) in the hospital with me, only leaving the hospital once to visit her brother in law for a few hours.
The one thing that I left out for all of them, is that they each came out to be with me during a chemo. All of them put their lives on hold to come be with me. I'm also grateful that each of their husbands allowed them to come without taking any kids with them (minus Holly).
If you've been following my blog you'd know that I had 6 rounds of chemo. They only made up 4 of them. The other two I was accompanied by my Mom and then the last one was with Janessa.
So thank you to my sisters, mom, and Janessa for each taking time out to come with me. It hasn't gone unnoticed, and I am grateful. I love you!
TODAY I am grateful for my 4 sisters. Shaunee, Holly, Julianne, and Kelly. When I was diagnosed with cancer they were all concerned (as they should be!). They each have supported me in different ways.
Shaunee was physically there for me when I first got the ' you have a tumor and it might be cancer' news. She was there to hold me as I bawled my eyes out. This picture was before our Triathlon started. (Which I would like to remind you, I did this triathlon when I was sick...sick with a tumor in my chest. Thank you very much, I am awesome, and stronger than you think.)
Holly called/s me frequently to add humor and make me laugh. She also answers my stupid medical questions.

Julianne was the "ring leader". She sent out the emails that asked everyone to fast for me, and to spread the news so I wouldn't have to. I believe it was her idea to have someone with me for each chemo. Oh, she also shaved my head when my hair started falling out in clumps.

Kelly was the first one on the plane when it was confirmed that it was in fact cancer. I mean we got the news and she got on the plane THAT NIGHT. She spent a few days (4) in the hospital with me, only leaving the hospital once to visit her brother in law for a few hours.

The one thing that I left out for all of them, is that they each came out to be with me during a chemo. All of them put their lives on hold to come be with me. I'm also grateful that each of their husbands allowed them to come without taking any kids with them (minus Holly).
If you've been following my blog you'd know that I had 6 rounds of chemo. They only made up 4 of them. The other two I was accompanied by my Mom and then the last one was with Janessa.
So thank you to my sisters, mom, and Janessa for each taking time out to come with me. It hasn't gone unnoticed, and I am grateful. I love you!






3 Comments:
Very nice MEP! Thanks! The picture you put up of me and you is NASTY (of me, not you). Next time we are together we will have to take a new picture! Love you and I do wish I was there this weekend! :(
Family rocks...I'm so glad you're recovering so well Mary! I'm excited to come play with you SOON!
Happy Birthday, Mep! You have an awesome family, and we love you!
Post a Comment
<< Home