<&BlogMetaData&>

October 5, 2008

The Update

I had my 5th round of chemo last Tuesday. It took them 4 times to get a good vein. I have major bruises on my arms. And Holly just laughed at me, but I know deep down she felt bad for me. I still hate needles, and apparently my veins have had enough. The worst part about this round is the awful taste in my mouth. I still get a little nauseous the first 3 days of chemo. The hot flashes are still here and I don't see an end in sight. I had a white and red blood cell booster shot on Wednesday. I cried, like a baby. They burned like crazy and I couldn't handle it. I probably cried because of the shot I got on Tuesday to shut down my ovaries so I don't get a period (hoping that the chemo doesn't make me infertile). I think the shot makes me more emotional than I normally am. Anyway, the red blood cell shot was to (hopefully) prevent a blood transfusion. The thought of that just really creeps me out and I don't like it.

Some of my cousins (Terrah, Kevin, and Tyler) are coming on Friday and I can't wait!!! I haven't seen them in a year and I definitely need something to look forward to.

7 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Like I said...if I could do this for you, I would. But, since I can't you need to get over the needle phobia. And, it is funny to see you sweat at the sight of a needle. Don't think you're the only one I laugh at...I laugh at the people I have to draw blood on when they freak like you. I don't discriminate:) I spread my bitchiness to all!! Have fun with the cousins! That sounds like fun.

11:10 PM  
Blogger heidi said...

I think about you everyday, all you must be feeling and going through. Enjoy the family coming into town.
One day when I am kid-free I'll drive down and visit.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Tyler said...

You better be ready for Friday, we are going to rip it up!!!!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Jules AF said...

Shut down your ovaries? How freaking scary is that?

1:43 PM  
Blogger Julianne said...

The whole thing is uck but look how far you have come. You are doing GREAT. Hang in there! We all love you and think of you ALL the time!

10:34 PM  
Blogger Charlene said...

One more to go, right? Getting that last treatment will be an exciting day for you. Before you know it, you will be done and your hair will be coming back in!

Hang in there. You are doing an amazing job!!

1:02 PM  
Blogger Harper said...

WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU, MEPSTER! :)

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home