I want to chop my legs off. Not even joking. The bone pain started, and this time its in my knees. I feel like if I were to get up and walk around they are going to snap in half. I feel like an old lady. This freaking sucks. I've been in my hospital bed all day long. I haven't even showered yet. For those of you know know me well, know that there MUST be something wrong with me if I haven't showered. And I keep having hot flashes, where I sweat. Its gross. I'm so sick of all this crap. I'm ready for it to be over already. Why can't it be Christmas already?!? Time is passing SO SLOW. I can't imagine having to do more than I already have to.
I do love how all of the good shows are starting. It'll give me something more to do. So far, since the diagnosis, I've read at least 7 books that I can remember. 7 books!!!! This would be nothing if it came from Holly or my Dad...but I am not an avid reader. I'd love to go out and do something, but I am so weak. I get tired way too easily. Just yesterday Janessa and I went out to dinner and when we got back I was ready for bed because I was so exhausted. I don't know how I am going to last this weekend. Holly's baby shower is this weekend, so 3 of my sisters will be here with their families. I get tired just thinking about it.
One more thing. I am thinking about writing a book. And yes, I am serious. There aren't very many books out there for young people with cancer. All of the ones I've been given were written by older women with a husband, children, a career, etc. None of which apply to me. I'd love to share my story/experiences if it could or would help someone else. The only thing is, I can't think about what to write or how to put it so its different than all the other cancer books out there. Any ideas or suggestions?
I do love how all of the good shows are starting. It'll give me something more to do. So far, since the diagnosis, I've read at least 7 books that I can remember. 7 books!!!! This would be nothing if it came from Holly or my Dad...but I am not an avid reader. I'd love to go out and do something, but I am so weak. I get tired way too easily. Just yesterday Janessa and I went out to dinner and when we got back I was ready for bed because I was so exhausted. I don't know how I am going to last this weekend. Holly's baby shower is this weekend, so 3 of my sisters will be here with their families. I get tired just thinking about it.
One more thing. I am thinking about writing a book. And yes, I am serious. There aren't very many books out there for young people with cancer. All of the ones I've been given were written by older women with a husband, children, a career, etc. None of which apply to me. I'd love to share my story/experiences if it could or would help someone else. The only thing is, I can't think about what to write or how to put it so its different than all the other cancer books out there. Any ideas or suggestions?






6 Comments:
Hang in there Mep, a mere 2 1/2 weeks and we'll be done to hang with ya!
Hi Mary,
Franz has his own publishing company and he could help you . Christie is almost finished with her book and Franz is publishing hers as well. I'm sure you will be very successful with your book. I'm so sorry you are going through all this. I wish I had known about the baby shower this weekend.
I love you!
Aunt Lori
I say just start writing. Write every day what you're thinking, what you're feeling, the treatments you're enduring. Just write.
Editing will come later, once you've beaten cancer's ass.
I am sorry that you are feeling so poorly. May it all be behind you soon.
Blessings
Mama Kelly
2witchesblog.wordpress.com
Hmm well first you have to think of WHO you'd be writing it for. Do you want it to be for others with cancer? Or just an inspiring story? I'm assuming you want it for others with cancer.
Then you have to think of WHY you want to write it for those with cancer. Do you want to let them know what they're getting into? Do you want them to read an inspiring story? Do you want them to know their lives aren't over?
Format: Do you want it to be like a real novel or collection of entries by you?
Maybe pick up some popular biographies and see their formats and stuff. And maybe contact an editor somewhere and talk to them about your ideas. Good luck!
(And I just whipped this out quickly, so if it doesn't make sense, I'm sorry!)
Time to update MEP!
Hi, Mep. I sort of stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I hope you write your book. I'm a writer and editor, and I think you have a unique voice. I'm sure a book about your experiences would be enjoyed by many. You asked, so here's my advice: Don't worry about how to write your book, or how to make it different from other books. Just write. Your experiences and your voice are your own, as is your writing style. If you're keeping a journal and it's anything like this blog, I'm sure your manuscript will be quite good. Good luck! =)
Post a Comment
<< Home