The Good. The Bad. And the Ugly.
The Good. As most of you already know, my PET scan results came back. My tumor shrunk from a size 17 to a size 4.2. Thats really good. I have 3 more treatments left. I've been in Sacramento since Thursday visiting Holly and my new nephew, Grady, and making my other siblings jealous. He is the cutest, most calm baby in the history of babies. I also got to hang out with Kelly and her kids. At least her kids aren't afraid of me. I took off my wig to put it on Kelly (she wanted to see what she would look like as a brunette), and Simon came up the stairs and saw me bald and her with the wig on. He stood there and just smiled and said "Wow. Mommy I like it!" "How did you do that Aunt Mary!?" It was so funny. Simon and Helene didn't think anything of it. To them I magically took off my hair and put it back on.
The Bad. I have 3 more treatments left. I don't want 3 more chemo treatments. Yuck. Especially because each one is getting worse. I have 5 days that I can function, and 2 of those days I am a normal person and can be pain-killer free before the next treatment starts. I have round #4 on Tuesday morning. Here comes the hot flashes, insomnia, constipation/diarrhea, nausea, dry mouth, nasty taste in my mouth that distorts ALL foods/drinks, bone pain, exhaustion, and lots of other fun effects of chemo. I'll start radiation the beginning of November...which means it will go through Thanksgiving, and I can't go to NYC like I wanted to.
The Ugly. You'll just have to wait for a picture of that. Brad took a picture of me and Grady. Bald head and no make up. Its pretty bad. I just need to wait for Holly to send it to me, and then I'll decide if I'm brave enough to post it.
The Bad. I have 3 more treatments left. I don't want 3 more chemo treatments. Yuck. Especially because each one is getting worse. I have 5 days that I can function, and 2 of those days I am a normal person and can be pain-killer free before the next treatment starts. I have round #4 on Tuesday morning. Here comes the hot flashes, insomnia, constipation/diarrhea, nausea, dry mouth, nasty taste in my mouth that distorts ALL foods/drinks, bone pain, exhaustion, and lots of other fun effects of chemo. I'll start radiation the beginning of November...which means it will go through Thanksgiving, and I can't go to NYC like I wanted to.
The Ugly. You'll just have to wait for a picture of that. Brad took a picture of me and Grady. Bald head and no make up. Its pretty bad. I just need to wait for Holly to send it to me, and then I'll decide if I'm brave enough to post it.






8 Comments:
I'm so happy your test results are positive!! I'm so sorry about the chemo backlash!! I'm happy you got to see Holly, Brad and Grady! What a wonderful blessing for the entire family. I love you Mary!
I'm glad things are going well for you, Mep! You're one tough cookie to endure all that chemo.
I'm glad you got to see Grady! He sure is adorable! :)
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
i love your story about simon and helene. kids are so amazing... no matter what you look like, hair or no hair, you are just their aunt mary to them! if only all people could be so accepting! (oh, and i'm still jealous you got to hold that precious little boy!)
xoxo
YAY YAY YAY. I'm so happy for you. And I just realized I'm not linked to on your blog anymore. How can you read about my hilarious life now???? hahaha yay Mary.
Never mind. I just found the links. Whatever.
Mary, that is such great news about your test results coming back positive! Ok I am voting that you do post the bald, no make-up picture! You post that, I will post a pic of me with my hair freshly blow-dried! Hahahhahaha! ps- remember how we are "cousins" on facebook??
I know you probably don't even know who I am. I'm Brian Ellsworth's wife, JoLynn. I have been spying on your blog for awhile now and tonight I just felt very compelled to tell you that you are one of the most incredible brave woman I have ever known. You hang in there, soon this will be just a bad dream. I promise. Our prayers are with you.
JoLynn Ellsworth
P.S. I love your wigs! They are all so cute!
Post a Comment
<< Home