<&BlogMetaData&>

August 19, 2008

Yuck.

I feel like crap. I got the Neulasta shot yesterday, which is a shot to boost my white blood cell count. The side effects are flu like symptoms: achy body. I can definitely feel it in my right arm right now. And thanks to my last dose of steroids for this round, I am wide awake, and its almost 2am. I'm not even going to mention the hot flashes! You'd think I was going through menopause!

I took a bath to help with the achy body...and what do you know...MORE hair came out. I'm going bald. Its gross and I don't like it. You know those lint-roller things? I took one of those to my head -- and whoa. It gets covered in no time with hair. I really didn't know how much hair I had until it started falling out. I anticipate being completely hairless in a matter of a few days.

I bought 2 new wigs today. 1 will be coming in the mail, thank you American Cancer Society. And Carla brought home a wig from Utah. So I will have 4 total in a few days. I went to the doctor's office to get that shot, and one of the nurses told me that I looked like Mandy Moore with that wig on. I was surprised that they recognized me since they hadn't seen me without my natural hair. But everyone that I met a few days prior all knew my first name.

I've already started thinking about what trip I'm going to take when all this is said and done. Any suggestions? I really want to go to New York City again for my birthday. If I am well enough and all treatments are done by then, I will. But I have to go somewhere else on top of that trip. I was thinking a Hawaiian Christmas. Or a Christmas cruise. Or combine the two and make it a Hawaiian Christmas cruise. Then again, do I want to get in a bathing suit while I look like a boy? Probably not.

3 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

you won't look like a boy...you'll still have boobs:)

10:52 AM  
Blogger Rebekah's Mom said...

Jay's biggest client is getting married in Hawaii on your birthday. Wanna go to Hawaii with us? (I REALLY hope we can go)

1:40 PM  
Blogger Jules AF said...

I'm going to Hawaii in August. Wait for me!! haha hmmm.... I'm going to Seattle in October. For our birthday, I'll probably be studying hard. poooo.... I'm excited to hear about something exciting that you'll do.

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home