<&BlogMetaData&>

August 10, 2008

wigs.

I went wig shopping yesterday. It was quite the experience, let me tell you! The wig lady was a total brat, and Carla wasn't going to have it! She was a brat right back, it was hilarious to watch, but a little scary. We took lots of pictures with all the wigs I tried on. I'll have to get those pictures from Amber to put them on here. I had her take pictures for my sisters who weren't there. Anyway, I chose one.

Over $300 later this is the one I chose:

It will actually look better than this when I wear it again. I'll fix the bangs and make it even. This was just to show the cut and color. I always wanted to go dark...and now I can. I'll buy more wigs later. I just needed to get one now because later this week I will do my 2nd round of chemo and sometime after that is when all of my hair is going to fall out.

Amber, my sister-in-law, bought me some cute scarves on the internet last night too. I picked them out, thats why I know they are cute. I just hope I can pull them off. She also bought me some books, journals, and a beanie. Now I have no excuse not to start a journal. And the books are helpful too; Chemotherapy & Radiation for Dummies, Any Day With Hair is a Good Hair Day, and The Last Lecture. Oh, and I went to the fabric store and bought 2 pieces of fabric to make a bandanna-like scarf out of those too. We'll see if I can do it. I just may need Kelly to come down again to show me how to do it the right way...

11 Comments:

Blogger Harper said...

I really like that wig, Mep. It looks fantastic on you! :)

7:40 PM  
Blogger Jules AF said...

Again, I'll comment that I love it. Very cute.

1:43 AM  
Blogger Britney said...

I think that it looks very cute! It totally fits you!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Ellsworth Party of Four said...

I remember the day my mom started wearing wigs. It was different but she was still just as beautiful as ever! Hair, wig, or no hair, your beautiful! Hang in there, its gonna get better. Your in our thoughts and prayers!

8:14 PM  
Blogger Raquel Ruggles said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Kaisa Bailey said...

Hey Mary...
It's been a while...But my sister told me about you having lymphoma and I just wanted to let you know that we're thinking about you and praying for you. If there is anything we can do in Northern California for you, let us know! And you look cute in that wig.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Rebekah's Mom said...

LOVE the new "do". It was a little creepy to see Mom in it though. Is it human hair or synthetic? A friend of mine is a wig afficionado and wanted to know. Can you tell the difference between the two?

3:43 PM  
Blogger heidi said...

love your positivity...your blog as your journal so far is already amazing to read. We'll always be thinking of you, hoping and praying for you.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Chris H said...

Haven't seen you in a while. You're hot. Would you consider moving to Utah and becoming my 4th polygamous wife?

10:33 PM  
Blogger RT said...

I really like the wig and I think dark hair fits you! I just read your blog and if there is anything I can do... let me know. (I do owe you for keeping me sane at State Farm when everyone else talked to themselves!) You are certainly in my thoughts and prayers.

Rayna

9:28 PM  
Blogger nataley said...

Mary, I have been thinking about you a lot lately. You are so amazing. ! I love reading your updates. You are in my prayers girl! ps- You look great as a brunette!!

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home