today...and the past few days.
***I updated this after the doctor appointment today***
I woke up to massive amounts of text messages. Mostly people from school. They are having a bake sale and raffle for me today and all of the proceeds go to me to help pay for medical bills. Really I am speechless. I don't know whose idea it was, but the whole school has come together to help me through this. I didn't even know that people knew who I was let alone liked me. I'm sure they feel bad for me because I am 22 years old and battling cancer...and it goes to show that this could happen to anyone.
I have another doctor appointment. More blood has to be drawn. My arms are so bruised to the point where you can hardly even see veins. The hemotoma in my left arm has yet to heal. Good thing they don't have to visually see the vein, they go by touch. Yesterday I had a PET scan and had radioactive sugar injected. I had to wait for 45 min for the sugar to work its way through my body. Then I had to sit perfectly still for 39 min in the CT machine. Perfectly still. I thought I was going to go nuts. I tried thinking about other things. Such as my soon-to-be-nephew who will be born in a matter of days...or weeks, and how much that kid is already loved when we just found out that he will be an addition to our family a week ago. And thinking 'how is Holly going to make it with such little sleep? Poor bubba.' That and some other thoughts kept me sane and motionless for the longest 39 min.
I read on somebody's blog (I won't give out any names) that I might die. Umm....WHAT!!! I am NOT going to die you ignorant girl. I understand that me having cancer scares a lot of people. It is a little too real, like it could happen to them if it is happening to me. I get that. But come on. If you are going to try to pass me off as "one of my friends who has cancer" when in reality we aren't friends, then at least do some homework. Lymphoma is the 'best' cancer to have (if there is such a thing). It has a 95% cure rate. Pretty sure this is not the end of the road for me. My life is meant for much more than having cancer and dying without fulfilling something more meaningful in my life. I'm not going to die.
**My PET scan came back. It only lit up where the tumor is, nowhere else. Which is a really good thing. It is nowhere else in my body. Also I have some fun tests to do (not really) to determine if I need to take antibiotics from whatever I caught in the hospital. If I don't then my 2nd round of chemo will be next Thursday**
I woke up to massive amounts of text messages. Mostly people from school. They are having a bake sale and raffle for me today and all of the proceeds go to me to help pay for medical bills. Really I am speechless. I don't know whose idea it was, but the whole school has come together to help me through this. I didn't even know that people knew who I was let alone liked me. I'm sure they feel bad for me because I am 22 years old and battling cancer...and it goes to show that this could happen to anyone.
I have another doctor appointment. More blood has to be drawn. My arms are so bruised to the point where you can hardly even see veins. The hemotoma in my left arm has yet to heal. Good thing they don't have to visually see the vein, they go by touch. Yesterday I had a PET scan and had radioactive sugar injected. I had to wait for 45 min for the sugar to work its way through my body. Then I had to sit perfectly still for 39 min in the CT machine. Perfectly still. I thought I was going to go nuts. I tried thinking about other things. Such as my soon-to-be-nephew who will be born in a matter of days...or weeks, and how much that kid is already loved when we just found out that he will be an addition to our family a week ago. And thinking 'how is Holly going to make it with such little sleep? Poor bubba.' That and some other thoughts kept me sane and motionless for the longest 39 min.
I read on somebody's blog (I won't give out any names) that I might die. Umm....WHAT!!! I am NOT going to die you ignorant girl. I understand that me having cancer scares a lot of people. It is a little too real, like it could happen to them if it is happening to me. I get that. But come on. If you are going to try to pass me off as "one of my friends who has cancer" when in reality we aren't friends, then at least do some homework. Lymphoma is the 'best' cancer to have (if there is such a thing). It has a 95% cure rate. Pretty sure this is not the end of the road for me. My life is meant for much more than having cancer and dying without fulfilling something more meaningful in my life. I'm not going to die.
**My PET scan came back. It only lit up where the tumor is, nowhere else. Which is a really good thing. It is nowhere else in my body. Also I have some fun tests to do (not really) to determine if I need to take antibiotics from whatever I caught in the hospital. If I don't then my 2nd round of chemo will be next Thursday**






8 Comments:
But Mary, your cancer really makes me think about myself and my own mortality. Man, it must REALLY suck to be the one who actually HAS the cancer. Seriously. Now I'm just going to go back to trying to bring all the attention to myself even though you're the one with cancer. EVERYONE!!!! Go read my blog!!!!! I'm a friend of Mary's, and this whole "cancer" thing is really freaking ME out. Because that's where the attention belongs. On me.
That was funny Mary. Did you comment on her blog? It'll be even funnier if she reads your blog again. Dumb bitch!!
What the?????? I'm speechless after reading the stupidity coming from your "friend". Stupid bitch.
That was an awesome post. I laughed. I'm very happy to know that you haven't lost your edge.
xoxo
Mary, you have a great attitude and I hope you continue to hold on to that during the coming weeks and months.
I told Kelly to let you know that you can call me anytime you want...if you just need to talk to someone who can relate. I know our situations are different, but there were/are times when it's comforting to talk to someone who's fought cancer, too. I would love to do whatever I can to help you and your family.
You have been in my thoughts and prayers for the past couple of weeks. You will do great with your treatments because you already have a positive attitude. That's half the battle!
Take care of yourself, and please don't be afraid to call or email or text.
Love ya,
Charlene
Of all the things to post on your own blog... that your friend (that you barely even know...lame!) is gonna die? What a way to be optimistic, ya 'tard!!! I hope your friend (Julie) doesn't mind, but I saw the additional info on that whole thing on her blog. And wow! Really makes me wanna slap a hoe! (the random girl, not Julie!)
Some people for one reason or another just like to glorify themselves thru someone else's ordeals. "Oh, I know someone with cancer and we're like BEST friends... Aren't I so wonderful?" Pretty pathetic but kinda inevitalble nonetheless. It's like we used to say all the time. Just tell her to go fart on an ant hill. :-)
I just want to clear things up. I didn't mean for the paragraph about what I read on someones blog to sound mean. That wasn't my intention. The intention was to tell people that I'm not going to die and not to worry. I will be fine. Thats all.
Post a Comment
<< Home