<&BlogMetaData&>

August 31, 2008

Stand Up To Cancer

Yesterday I took a stand up to cancer, and I think you should too. If you want to see my stand go to: http://www.standup2cancer.org/stand/app and search Mary Pitton. My information will come up and you just click on my name and my picture and story should come up. Also, join my team I started. Its called 'Team MEP'. http://su2c.standup2cancer.org/teams?tq=Mary+Pitton . I expect all of you to join my team! If you wish to donate to the cause it is super easy. On September 5th there will be a television show for the stand. Watch it. I know I will.

If you have battled cancer yourself, put your name in. If you know someone who has battled cancer, put their name in for them. It is super easy, and its amazing to see how many people have/had cancer. If you have facebook, you should download the stand up to cancer application, you can get to it from my page.

Let me tell you why I feel passionate about this. Going out in public is hard for me. I get all self-conscious because of what I look like. I think "do they know this is a wig?" "is any of my head showing?" "I hope they know I have cancer because I am wearing this bandanna."...things like that. Stupid, I know. I really shouldn't care, but I do. Hopefully time will make that pass. But going on this website really helped me realize that a lot of people deal/dealt with cancer and it makes me feel not so alone. Check it out.

4 Comments:

Blogger heidi said...

I went to that site and that led me to different blogs and so on...it's amazing what is out there and the stories are so touching and some so sad. The kids just really get to me. I love reading your posts and I love that you are standing up to cancer. You are always in our prayers.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Jules AF said...

I joined your team. I'd donate, but I'm really poor right now haha. Someday soon! Maybe I need to get a job. Good idea.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Bryan and Lyndsey said...

Hey Mary, Lyndsey Ellsworth here. I am so proud of you for how you are dealing with this. Watching my mom's fight with hers was a lot as you have heard but I am so proud of your brutal honesty about your ups and downs with this. You are a strong girl Mary, hold your head high and fight like you are doing. I am checking the site out right now!

7:21 AM  
Blogger Konrad Pierdolski said...

Hey Mep. I'll give you a Klondike bar if you stab one of the nurses with "big red." No, really. :)

Anyway, I just wanted to say that you're in my prayers. When stuff sucks, that is when you can have the closet contact with the Lord. But I don't need to tell you that. :)

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home