(no subject)
I don't want to talk about this anymore because it is just upsetting me. So if I haven't returned your phone call or text -- thats why. I'm so done talking about it.
Here is the story:
I went to the doctor on Monday. He gave me 2 inhalers, antibiotics, ordered a chest x-ray, 2 blood tests, and then sent me on my way thinking that I developed asthma or had chronic bronchitis.
I didn't go to school today so I could go get these tests done. First stop: the chest x-ray. Second stop: the lab to get my blood drawn. They were both in the same building -- and in the same building as my doctor. Not even joking, less than 20 min of taking the x-ray my doctor called me. I missed the call, but I was just waiting for the lab people to call me up. I told my mom to go next door to ask him what was going on. Next thing I know, they are both walking in together. My doctor took my lab sheet and wrote on there 3 more blood tests other than the ones he already ordered. Then he said to go see him after I was done because he wanted to discuss the x-ray with me. That didn't sound good. Just so you know: this time was the most painful/uncomfortable experience I've had with getting blood drawn.
A few min later my mom and I were waiting to see him. He told me the x-ray showed that my lymph nodes were swollen in my chest. Which could be the cause of lymphoma (cancer) or sarcoidosis. He said that he wasn't ruling out lymphoma, but he thinks it is sarcoidosis. The swollen lymph nodes is what is causing me to cough so much. He told me to stop taking the medication he gave me the day before because it wasn't going to do anything. He also told me to get a CT scan of my chest with contrast. Meaning they will put medicine in my IV which will change the color of something to make the lymph nodes more visible or something of that nature.
I called and scheduled the appointment. I go in on Friday morning for the CT. I should know soon after the CT what I have. He said he would call me with the results of the scan and the blood work. I was fine before everyone started freaking out, which is making me freak out. I don't think its cancer. Come on. I'm 22 years old. I can't have cancer. I'm way too young. But if it is sarcoidosis, I have to go see a pulmonologist and then I have no idea what is next. There was some talk about getting a biopsy, but don't ask me where the comes into play because I can't remember.
As far as the other blood tests he ordered, I can't remember what they were. But he said they were to check other things to rule/rule out one of the conditions.
I don't have asthma or chronic bronchitis. I have lymphoma or sarcoidosis. I liked it better when they thought it was just asthma.
Here is the story:
I went to the doctor on Monday. He gave me 2 inhalers, antibiotics, ordered a chest x-ray, 2 blood tests, and then sent me on my way thinking that I developed asthma or had chronic bronchitis.
I didn't go to school today so I could go get these tests done. First stop: the chest x-ray. Second stop: the lab to get my blood drawn. They were both in the same building -- and in the same building as my doctor. Not even joking, less than 20 min of taking the x-ray my doctor called me. I missed the call, but I was just waiting for the lab people to call me up. I told my mom to go next door to ask him what was going on. Next thing I know, they are both walking in together. My doctor took my lab sheet and wrote on there 3 more blood tests other than the ones he already ordered. Then he said to go see him after I was done because he wanted to discuss the x-ray with me. That didn't sound good. Just so you know: this time was the most painful/uncomfortable experience I've had with getting blood drawn.
A few min later my mom and I were waiting to see him. He told me the x-ray showed that my lymph nodes were swollen in my chest. Which could be the cause of lymphoma (cancer) or sarcoidosis. He said that he wasn't ruling out lymphoma, but he thinks it is sarcoidosis. The swollen lymph nodes is what is causing me to cough so much. He told me to stop taking the medication he gave me the day before because it wasn't going to do anything. He also told me to get a CT scan of my chest with contrast. Meaning they will put medicine in my IV which will change the color of something to make the lymph nodes more visible or something of that nature.
I called and scheduled the appointment. I go in on Friday morning for the CT. I should know soon after the CT what I have. He said he would call me with the results of the scan and the blood work. I was fine before everyone started freaking out, which is making me freak out. I don't think its cancer. Come on. I'm 22 years old. I can't have cancer. I'm way too young. But if it is sarcoidosis, I have to go see a pulmonologist and then I have no idea what is next. There was some talk about getting a biopsy, but don't ask me where the comes into play because I can't remember.
As far as the other blood tests he ordered, I can't remember what they were. But he said they were to check other things to rule/rule out one of the conditions.
I don't have asthma or chronic bronchitis. I have lymphoma or sarcoidosis. I liked it better when they thought it was just asthma.






6 Comments:
WHAT IS SARCOISDOSIS??????? I'd look it up, but I have to leave the computer right now!! I'm so sorry Mary. Keep us all updated!
I love you Mary! Call me when you feel up for talking.
Mary! Holy cow, that stinks that you are going through all of this. I hope you start feeling better soon. I will definitely keep you in my prayers!
Mary, I love you.
Mary, we love you. You are in our prayers.
You'll be in our prayers Mary--
Post a Comment
<< Home