Another Freaking Joke.
I've been sick for 2 1/2 months. Thats a freaking long time! And yeah, I've been to Urgent Care (because I am too impatient to wait for an appointment at a regular doctor's office) TWICE. What do they do? Gave me 2 different kinds of inhalers. Which did nothing. Absolutely nothing. Apparently the second time they didn't want to listen. I told them that the first one didn't do a thing. But they had me try another kind anyway. Ever since my second visit, the symptoms got worse.
Let me backtrack. The first weekend in May I went to the river with some friends. My second night there I got sick. I took some medicine hoping that my cough, headache, body ache, sore throat, and lung-boob shooting pains would go away. They didn't. The next weekend I did my triathlon. I was coughing, sneezing, and my nose was running like crazy. Oh, and my 'lung boob' was killing me constantly. Every time I would breath in my lung would hurt, like a shooting pain, but it was constant. I was told that it was probably a pulled muscle. It finally went away the day before I left Arizona.
Over time I developed new symptoms:
-wheezing when I lay down on my back and goes away as soon as I sit up
-coughing which sounds like a dog barking
-headaches everyday (not due to lack of sleep, or caffeine)
-my heartbeat gets really fast occasionally even though I am not doing anything but laying down, nor took any medication to make my heart go so fast
-when I stand up I get light headed, and spots start closing in where I can hardly see
I am going to call a regular doctor tomorrow to see when I can get an appointment. I need to go in and see someone who will really listen this time and not just suggest an inhaler and to "wait it out". I'm sick of waiting it out and want it GONE.
I went on WebMD and typed in my symptoms and it gave me 20 possible conditions. Half of them were smoking related. And it couldn't be that since I don't smoke. Being the professional I am narrowed it down to two possibilities given the list: chronic bronchitis, or pneumonia (walking most likely). Pneumonia was the only one that explained the rapid heartbeat. Who knows what the doctor will say. Who knows if anyone can really tell me what is wrong with me.
Let me backtrack. The first weekend in May I went to the river with some friends. My second night there I got sick. I took some medicine hoping that my cough, headache, body ache, sore throat, and lung-boob shooting pains would go away. They didn't. The next weekend I did my triathlon. I was coughing, sneezing, and my nose was running like crazy. Oh, and my 'lung boob' was killing me constantly. Every time I would breath in my lung would hurt, like a shooting pain, but it was constant. I was told that it was probably a pulled muscle. It finally went away the day before I left Arizona.
Over time I developed new symptoms:
-wheezing when I lay down on my back and goes away as soon as I sit up
-coughing which sounds like a dog barking
-headaches everyday (not due to lack of sleep, or caffeine)
-my heartbeat gets really fast occasionally even though I am not doing anything but laying down, nor took any medication to make my heart go so fast
-when I stand up I get light headed, and spots start closing in where I can hardly see
I am going to call a regular doctor tomorrow to see when I can get an appointment. I need to go in and see someone who will really listen this time and not just suggest an inhaler and to "wait it out". I'm sick of waiting it out and want it GONE.
I went on WebMD and typed in my symptoms and it gave me 20 possible conditions. Half of them were smoking related. And it couldn't be that since I don't smoke. Being the professional I am narrowed it down to two possibilities given the list: chronic bronchitis, or pneumonia (walking most likely). Pneumonia was the only one that explained the rapid heartbeat. Who knows what the doctor will say. Who knows if anyone can really tell me what is wrong with me.






2 Comments:
I hope they figure out whats wrong so that you can get better!
Mary! We are praying for you!
Post a Comment
<< Home